Sunday, October 19, 2008

Give Me Some Time

So everyone is getting on my case for owing about $1200 bucks in back taxes. But even the local accessors office admits they never told me I owed anything. Even so, most of these back taxes are only from a few years ago. I'll get around to paying it as soon as I can.

Now, what if city had left a notice on my truck window, saying that I owed $10 or $15? What if the city left about 17 notices over a few years? You'd probably expect that I'd have to go pay those as soon reasonable possible. Right?

Well, you would, unless your Obama.

According to this, Obama got a bunch of parking tickets while getting his liberal elistist law degree, between 1988 and 1991, and didn't pay them promptly. Actually, he didn't pay them until January of 2007 (maybe in late 2006). Probably was never going to pay them, except he decided to run for president. Back in 1991 or 1992, when he was graduating, he was thinking, "Screw these tickets, if they really want the money, they can come get in me in Chicago. Besides, I'm a lawyer, I'll know how to get out of paying them."

Now some of you think that a parking ticket is different than paying taxes. Technically, it probably is. But a parking ticket is penalty imposed by the (municipal) government when you don't pay the tax (parking meters), or avoid filing (parking in no parking zones).

I guess my point is, if Obama had 15 years to pay his parking fines, I think I should a few years before I have to pay my back taxes.

No comments: