Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Deep Thoughts

From LA Times

Iraq
"I'm not sorry that we're in Iraq. . . . We liberated another country. I mean, freedom. Things that every one of you guys take for granted, everything that Americans take for granted, I mean these guys haven't had it. Now they've got it. I mean, that's n incredible thing. That's almost -- I don't know if you guys are Christians or not, but that's like somebody coming to Jesus and becoming saved. These guys have freedom."

Social Security
"Social Security is a joke. I have parents; I don't need another set of parents called the government. You know, let me take my money and invest it how I please. Social Security I've never believed in, don't like it. I hate that it's forced on me."

Politicians
"The politicians are the nobles. We are the serfs. OK? . . . I mean, we are the peasants as far as they're concerned. You know, they take, and they give us back a little bit."

America's stature
"I'm tired of people downing America, saying that we're this bad country. . . . We are the greatest country in the world. Stop apologizing for us. I mean, really, I get real mad about that."

My fame
"I'm a flash in the pan. You know, I'm just a novelty. You know, Joe the Plumber. It's going to be fun for a couple days, and then it's going to go away."


Am I right, or am I right

No comments: