Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bill Gates Emailed Me!

So Bill Gates sent me this email. He said to me

Dude, I read you said this:
"I don't like it. You know, me or -- you know, Bill Gates, I don't care who you are. If you worked for it, if it was your idea, and you implemented it, it's not right for someone to decide you made too much."
Thanks for name drop, and that I shouldn't have to pay more taxes. But you know, I don't. Percentage wise I probably pay less than you do.


Bill told me about his golf buddy, Warren, who pays less in taxes than his assistant. He sent me a this . It was kind of hard to read because it was all about Hillary, but I got to this part:

Speaking to several hundred supporters of the U.S. Senator from New York, Buffett revealed his puzzlement that he was taxed at a lower rate than many of the lesser-paid individuals working for his company.
Buffett said he makes $46 million a year in income and is only taxed at a 17.7 percent rate on his federal income taxes. By contrast, those who work for him, and make considerably less, pay on average about 32.9 percent in taxes - with the highest rate being 39.7 percent.
To emphasize his point, Buffett offered $1 million to the audience member who could show that one of the nation's wealthiest individuals pays a higher tax rate than one of their subordinates.
"I'm willing to bet anyone in this room $1 million that those rates are less than the secretary has to pay," said Buffett.


I don't know about the math, because I'm a plumber, but I think Warren's making sense.

No comments: